An old friend emailed with details of two campaigning courses at Centre for Alternative Technology this autumn, which she’s involved in teaching. They might be right for your organisations or your local group:
Fri 5th November to Sun 7th November 2010
- Part of a group trying to stop an open cast coal mine, influence
- government policy, or get better food in your school?
- Thinking of running a campaign?
- Trying to stop cuts to an important local service?
The course focuses on building grassroots, community support for specific issues and campaigns. Topics covered include: Strategic and tactical thinking, Developing and delivering your campaign message, Building a volunteer base, Lobbying and negotiating with your target, Using traditional and social media.
Tues 9th November to Sun 14th November 2010
- Want to learn more about the urgent environmental issues of our times?
- Want to engage with practitioners who are at the forefront of
- developing solutions?
- Want to tap into cutting edge, radical teaching and research with one of the UK’s most respected universities and the UK’s leading ecocentre?
The module will be delivered by staff from the University of Leeds and CAT and will involve a mix of lectures, seminars, evening reading groups, debates and films, student led presentations, guest speakers and site tours and a social on Saturday evening.