This just in:
A chance to learn and share info about why we urgently need to resist new nuclear build and promote sustainable alternatives, and skills to help us do it.
- Workshops from 10am Saturday to 4pm Sunday
- Crash space available Friday night to Sunday night)
- Venue: Grow Heathrow, Sipson, Middlesex (just outside London – public transport from London terminals)
- Vegan meals will be available. All food will be vegetarian.
- Costs: Whatever you can afford. Donations towards food, speakers’ travel expenses and use of venue; plus separate donation towards possible travel pool to help skint people who had to travel from further afield.
BOOKING YOUR PLACE: Register your interest by 12 February so we get enough grub in, and so we can send you details of the programme, etc and can inform you of any changes / public transport problems, etc.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS – Please get in touch ASAP if you have any particular requirements, e.g. dietary / mobility / sensory impairment / religious /children
SLEEPING: Cabin crash space available Friday evening to Sunday evening, plus lots of camping space. Bring sleeping bag / thermals. Bring a tent if you want to camp.
You can probably stay longer if you want to – if so, please get in touch with Grow Heathrow direct, via their website (see link above).
WORKSHOPS – These will start on Saturday morning, from 10am, and finish on Sunday afternoon, around 4pm.
Probable info / discussion workshops:
- Why resist nuclear power?
- What are the low / zero carbon alternatives? Are they practical?
- Current situation and resistance: Hinkley Point and Sizewell|Boycott EDF|Nuclear waste|Resistance to nuclear weapons and uranium (‘DU’) weapons?
- Other campaigns
Possible skills sharing workshops:
- Planning a campaign strategy
- Basic Non-violent Direct Action (NVDA) skills – affinity groups, blockading, quick consensus, etc
- Getting up trees, tripods, etc
- Legal implications of taking NVDA
- Getting creative
E-mail: london [at] stopnuclear poweruk.net
Mob: 07506 234 091