PLEASE SEE OUR NEW WEBSITE FOR HOW WE CAN SUPPORT YOU, NEW RESOURCES AND BLOGS ON WHAT’S HOT IN OUR FIELD.
Campaigning and community activism relies on people. To be at their most effective people need the right support. Some will get that from a central source such as the office of a national campaigning organisation. Others will support each other, creating horizontal networks. Whether you’re an international NGO or a single community group Rhizome can help you grow in numbers, strength, confidence, skill or all of the above by:
- Undertaking a participation audit to assess how you currently involve your activists
- Creating dialogue with and within your volunteer networks
- Delivering training in all aspects of being a sustainable network or group – attracting volunteers, group dynamics, meeting facilitation and more
- Evaluating existing support systems
- Supporting you to set up and maintain effective support systems for volunteer networks
- Training trainers
- Delivering training in campaigning skills to support your work – from using the media to planning an effective strategy, from nonvioelnt direct action to speaking in public
As well as Rhizome we’ve also been involved in intentional housing, housing co-ops, communes, voluntary groups, community organisations, campaign groups, trade unions and other mutual aid groups. So we can provide help and advice on –
- Organisational formation
- Core policies (eg dispute process, risk, consensus etc)
as well as –
- Meeting skills (alternatives to committee style working)
- Group dynamics and team-building
In the last year we’ve given advice and hands on help to a community energy group, several Transition Town initiatives, a radical social centre, community action groups, several international NGOs and NGO coalitions, a community dance co-op, housing co-ops and cohousing communities and more….