PLEASE SEE OUR NEW WEBSITE FOR HOW WE CAN SUPPORT YOU, NEW RESOURCES AND BLOGS ON WHAT’S HOT IN OUR FIELD.
We provide talks, presentations, workshops and self-organising materials on –
- Concepts of participation and collaboration
- Mediation – theory and applications
- Facilitation – theory and applications
- Understanding concepts of nonviolent action (NVA),
- Organising around applications of NVA,
- The history of nonviolence and nonviolent direct action (NVDA)
It’s here that we need to provide some downloads of training plans and manuals; and links to other useful sites.
Two books that I think are core to any participative facilitator’s thinking and reflection –
The Community Planning Handbook ed. Nick Wates – Earthscan
A compilation of participative methods of running meetings with pictures, scenarios, checklists, sample agendas and further reading.
Participatory workshops by Robert Chambers – Earthscan
A sourcebook of 21 sets of ideas and activities for group work. Each set has 21 ideas, including 21 mistakes I make in a workshop.